From what I hear around the house, it appears that you are starting Kindergarten in the Fall. I am almost certain that you will be leaving me at home during these days and I am sad that we will be spending less time together. I haven’t said a lot over the years, but I have a few requests that I am hoping that you will honor.
- Please hide me from your sisters while you are at school. Reese tries to play dress up with me and I can only imagine that will double in a few months when Lane gets a little older.
- Please, for the love of God, stop grinding your teeth at night. I am not the young pup I once was, it is hard for me to get a good nights sleep. I have put up with you chewing on my nose all of these years, but the grinding of the teeth is driving me crazy. Heck, you throwing up on me wasn’t even that bad!
- Quit hogging the bed. I was pretty much the king of the castle (or crib in this case) when you were 1. Now that you are turning 5 in a few weeks you are taking up the whole bed. I think we should talk to your mom about either getting a full size bed or maybe me sleeping on the bottom bunk!
- Since there is very little stuffing left in my neck I would appreciate if you would start carrying me around by my feet.
- Lastly, this is a little awkward for me to ask, but for the last 3 years I have noticed pink puppy down the hall. I feel like I would like us to take our relationship to the next level and would like to ask her out. Could you please put in a good word for me?