My husband and I are going on an adult only vacation with some friends tomorrow. We will be gone for five days and it feels so weird to know that we will be away from the kids for the entire time. I won’t know what to do with myself without them, but am going to try my best to enjoy myself.
That being said, here are some things I won’t miss about home while on vacation:
- Team Umizoomi. That’s not a knock on the TV show, I am just really looking forward to not having it on in the background at my home.
- Kids music in the car. I am pretty sure that the adults we are going with won’t request The Wheels on the Bus or The ABC’s, but if they do, I am putting my foot down and saying, “no” since, I can’t do that at home.
- Kids coming into my room during the middle of the night claiming to be scared or not tired.
- Kids coming into my room EARLY in the morning requesting food, milk, TV, etc.
- Preparing meals and snacks for picky eaters that ask for a million things and then are “not hungry any more” once they are handed them.
- Carrying and buckling kids up in car seats.
- Saying “no, you can’t have gum,” 100 times a day.
- Sharing my chapstick with the whole car after they see me use some.
Things I will miss while I am on vacation: all of the above, and then some!