I get emails, daily it seems, from Babycenter.com. Usually, I just delete them after reading the title but today I was intrigued by the 7 disturbing toddler habits title. I was fully aware that the 2 toddlers in my household probably did all 7 of them. I even assumed that our household may be over achievers and could add, at least 7 more to the list. Upon clicking the link these were the 7 Disturbing Toddler Habits: Continue Reading...
Dear Chase, Continue Reading...
I never had a “thing” growing up that I had to have with me at all times. Not a blanket, a doll or a pacifier. When my oldest child, Chase, began carrying a stuffed puppy around at the age of 1, I was amused. I wondered how long it would be his “security blanket” and when he would tire of it. Continue Reading...
- Shopping for more “stylish” clothes means unripped and unstained sweats and sweatshirts.
- You tell your hairdresser not to cut your hair because you like the look of a long pony tail.
- You eat lunch at 10:30am because you had breakfast 5 hours ago!
- You have more wine in your shopping cart than food.
- You get excited when the mail gets here, because it gives you something to do.
- You have kids show theme songs in your head all day and night.
- You know what poop tastes like.
- You say that you have to go “potty” even when the kids aren’t around.
- Every purse that you look to buy seems too small.
- “Me time” consists of cleaning the kitchen floor while your husband takes the kids upstairs for baths.
- You have said, “do that one more time and you are going to time out,” atleast 5 times before noon.
- You stopped having time to shave above the knee.
- You feel more normal when someone else’s kid has a break down in public.
- Taking a bath seems too exhausting since you would have to take the 20 animals and squeaky toys out first.
- You get excited for kid free events because others get to see what you are actually “supposed” to look like.
- You are asked daily, “Mommy, is that water or alcohol?”
- All you want is time to your self but the moment you have it you miss your kids.
- You start a blog so that you can air out your dirty laundry!
- You go on a much needed vacation with your husband and end up watching home movies of the kids when you get there.
Last night after preschool graduation, I excitedly looked through the packet of questions that Chase had answered. When I got to the part where he was asked what he wanted to be when he grew up I chuckled a little. Would he say a super hero or pirate since that is his latest obsession? Maybe his answer would be a farmer because of his love of animals or doctor since he likes to help people. Nope…..this is what he said, Continue Reading...
There is something that I have to share with you. I have found an outlet that is changing the way I feel more dramatically then any other thing I have tried before. For about a month now I have been going to hot yoga. I have tried it before and really enjoyed it, but now I am making it part of my weekly routine. Continue Reading...
Anyone who has a kid in preschool is used to hearing that they had ANOTHER cupcake, or cookie, or candy for snack time at school. I’m not a saint and I am not saying anything bad about those mothers who do bring those “snacks” to school, however, I feel that the daily sugary sweets before eleven o’clock is a lot! Continue Reading...
Two of my kids peed on me yesterday….and I am not referring to the 1 year old! I have a new plan, now that the weather is getting warmer. During the week we are going to go park exploring. We will pack up a picnic and try out new parks to see what is out there. Continue Reading...